Posted September 20/17
Posted September 17/17
- Female Singer Seeking Original/Cover Band 29 Year Old Female Ottawa Singer/Songwriter looking for new project. Interested in doing covers, writing originals. Looking for like minded individuals to make some music with.
Have dabbled in and out of the Ottawa music scene for the last while, ready to get serious with others who enjoy playing music but also have the discipline and skill to make something to call our own. Message me to talk more
Posted September 16/17
- Female, 27 years old. Advanced vocalist with experience and stage presence. Looking to perform regularly as a duo, or smaller act. Skilled songwriter - open to performing originals and/or covers. Style in many different genres, with a focus on folk/blues/soul.
Thank you - looking forward to hearing from you!
Posted September 14/17
- Drum Tuning Services By a Professional Drummer. If you would like to have your drums tuned by a full time professional drummer or would like more info on this service, feel free to get in touch. Service usually takes 1 to 2 hours and I travel to your location and tune them there. Reasonable rates. Drum Transportation/Set Up/Pack Up and return services also available. For more info on my experience and education please check out mcneilprodrummingottawa.ca
Posted September 11/17
The ultra beginner course is for those with zero experience but a willingness to learn and have fun doing it! Yes this is for you!
Ultra Beginner Ukulele Wednesday Evening Session
Dates: 10 weeks on Wednesdays starting Sept 27, 2017 ending Nov 29, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Registration Fee: $225 includes music book (payable in full no refunds)
Ultra Beginner Ukulele Thursday Afternoon Session
Dates: 10 weeks on Thursdays starting Sept 28, 2017 ending Nov 30, 2017
Time: 2:30 -3:30 PM
Registration Fee: $225 includes music book (payable in advance no refunds)
Call 613-729-0693 to register or email or email with any questions
- Want to sing like a star? I am now accepting new voice students weekdays from 10-3. Learn proper breathing techniques, warm ups to sing at your true potential, and sing songs you've always wanted to learn or master. Ages 5-100, all levels from beginner to advanced as well as all genres ( excluding classical & opera). With over 30 years experience on stage, performing at many venues and competitions, I would love to help you with your talent and passion. Email me for details. I look forward to working with you. Tammy Jones
- Need a vocalist/guitarist?
I'm a Kanata based, 20-yr-old musician looking for something exciting to be a part of. I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now (and as a result, can navigate a bass reasonably), singing for longer, with a little bit of experience live and in the studio (TARA grad). I grew up in a rock context, but I'm a quick study and willing to try my hand at different genres. Gimmie a shout if you're down a man, or looking to start something up! Stay frosty!
Posted September 8/17
Posted September 7/17
- Lead guitarist with many years of experience looking to jam with others in the Stittsville area. Have pro gear and transportation and practice space if needed. Music in the vain of rock, hard rock, blues rock. If interested, please contact Kevin. Just putting some feelers out there. 613-501-9663
Posted September 5/17
- Guitar and music lessons available from certified guitar teacher and accompanist. Currently teaching to some awesome students in addition to regular gigging in Ottawa as an acoustic soloist and lead guitarist for hire. I teach what you need to play and / or improve, be it music reading, scales, theory, playing for fun and ear training. Try a half hour introductory lesson for $10. Garnett Guitar School. (613) 739-9204. or
Posted August 31/17
- Hi. I am a very experienced drummer and sing Lead/Back Fr and Eng with mounds of exp, still wanting to mix it up. I have an excellent meter, looking for a formed group to join in and add some cool drums (acoustic/electronic) and vocal to the mix. I am not interested in original projects. I will play anything that is required as, I learn quickly and do my homework. Would love to be in a Band that focusses on good vocals (CL Rock, Motown, Funk, even Folk rock or country). I have wheels, a positive attitude (mic'd) acoustic and electronic drums. I don't have bad habits and show up on time for rehearsals and gigs. If interested write me at the right Band will get my attention.
Posted August 30/17
- LIMP BIZKIT TRIBUTE
Early 30's drummer looking to blow the roof off of some local joints.
Tired of bad company and journey cover bands?
If you think you are Gods gift to music than this is the band for you.
Lets pretend to be Wes Borland, Jon Otto, DJ Lethal, and Fred Durst once a week.... play some shows and make the bands that try real hard look and sound like Sh!t
be able to show up for practice once a week
know your part so we don't have to jam tons
be good enough not to have to jam 5 times the week of a show...
excel in friendship and rocking out.
We will have smoke machines at every show.
Posted August 29/17
- Looking for someone to join regular jam sessions in West End.
For past three years I have been enjoying regular guitar sessions at my house (located near Dunrobin) with a good friend but unfortunately that is no longer possible for him. However, I am looking to continue the tradition of getting together Sunday afternoons to play some tunes, share a beer or two and even write some of our own songs. I am looking for a rhythm or lead guitar player who hopefully can also sing. I am retired, and have been playing guitar for some four decades but still I would only classify myself as an intermediate level – right in the middle. I also love to record and produce my own music. I have Sonar Platinum and Sibelius software for production and composition. No expert here, but I really have a passion for music. I am just starting to try my hand at song writing and composing. If you are interested in some of the songs I have written or performed please see soundcloud.com and poke around.
I am not looking for regular gigs or anything like that although a few open mic sessions would be good. We have been performing for friends and neighbours at a few backyard BBQs. Here are some songs we have been performing regularly to give you an idea of my taste in music. California Stars (Wilco), Borrow My Heart (Nashville Cast), If I Were a Carpenter, Long Black Veil, A Thousand Miles from Nowhere, The Wanderer, Got it Bad (Chris Isaak), Four Strong Winds, and lots, lots more
If you are interested please send me an email and tell me a bit about yourself and likes. I am looking for one or perhaps two new music friends. Contact Ted at if you are interested.
Posted August 28/17
- AVAILABLE MUSICIAN playing keyboards & 2nd. guitar into eclectic rock to roots / gigging & recording / tasteful originals & covers / afm & socan member.
Posted August 27/17
- Highly-experienced upright & electric bassist looking for Latin Percussionist (i.e. hand percussion) to jam on Latin & gypsy rhythms, some originals.
I have other musicians - including singers - available to jam with us. I'm based in Chelsea on the Quebec side > 20 mins from downtown Ottawa. Call or text Peter at (613) 853-8513 or
Posted August 25/17
- Touring musician and full time advanced Vocal Coach now accepting new students for September. Time slots are limited. Over 14 years of teaching experience. No contracts to sign and flexible scheduling. Have you learned all you can from the vocal coach you have now? or simply want a dedicated coach to help you reach your goals quickly and properly? Contact Lisa Thompson to book your vocal assessment at
Posted August 5/17
- Song co-writing and recording $25/hr
All you need is a melody and I will build the rest for/with you in my studio, right down to a professional mix.
Posted July 28/17
- Guitarist/Songwriter seeking singer, bassist & drummer for original project. Light/Heavy diverse melodic timeless rock. Heavy to acoustic. Push/Pull. Tight but loose. Light & shade. Passion equals energy. Heavy riff rock, epic-ethereal-Floyd like, sit-down & full band acoustic, bluesy, jazzy, funky, Arabian, etc. A musical journey. Influences: Zep, Floyd, anything timeless. Singer with power, range, pitch, control, creativity & ability to compose lyrics/melodies over various styles. Plant/Cornell vibe but open. Bassist with great chops & feel, move around the chords, creative, big sound. Entwistle, JP Jones, Squire, etc. Drummer with power, feel, great meter, creative, big sound, dynamic, great chops but a thinker as well. Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Nick Mason, etc. Serious prolific players only with the drive, discipline, focus & commitment to succeed. The idea is not to be a cover band. The idea is to make great music with an original creative spirit & artistic quality that everyone can appreciate.
Posted July 25/17
- Powerhouse female vocalist, songwriter, and recording artist with 20 years experience looking to join a kick-ass band of likeminded musicians that are focused, committed, and fun. I am a Rock singer at heart, but also enjoy Soul/R&B, and Blues. I'm totally into covers and have a vast repertoire, although collaborating on ideas for original material is something I would definitely be up for.
Posted July 22/17
Lead guitarist with many years of experience looking to jam with others in the Stittsville area. Have pro gear and transportation and practice space if needed. Music in the vain of rock, hard rock, blues rock.
If interested, please contact Kevin. Just putting some feelers out there.
- Middle aged dad rhythm guitarist 30 years experience seeking garage band to play with. Rock/Pop/Blues/R&B/Funk/Indie/ Country/Latin.... it's all good to me. I know a few covers and a few original licks. Would consider some gigs and open mics. Have axes, amp, own transportation, and possibly additional gear. Kanata/Stittsville area ideal. .
Posted July 20/17
- looking for washed up hippies Guitarist/Bassist/Drummer with lots of experience here
33 and looking to start a band preferably playing guitar, but I'm open to options.
Not looking to play metal or covers, interested in starting an indy ish band in the vain of Archers of Loaf, Dinosaur JR meets Pavement, Sonic Youth/The Pixies etc.
I've got experience, chops and dedication so looking for like minded people that actually want to write the same music.
drop me a line
We can shit talk old days and bands we were in later, dont want to look like a billboard ad.
Posted July 19/17
- Drummer looking to start or join a tribute to Red Hot Chili Peppers. Pro's only please. I'm 51. Email Marc Villeneuve at
Posted July 14/17
- I'm a 39 year old guitarist looking to start a new project focusing on music in the Celtic, country and indie genres. Anyone who is interested in starting a new band with the intention of eventually gigging at most once a month and has an easy going nature is welcome to respond.
Posted June 30/17
- HARD ROCK BASS PLAYER LOOKING FOR BAND. No cover bands please. Would like to play something like Tool or Mudvayne style. My influences are Tool, Mudvayne, Muse, RHCP, Jamiroqaui and many more. I listen to and play all kinds of music for influence and to learn new skills but would like to play something heavy and somewhat funky. I have gear, transportation and lots of experience. Call or Text 6133276938 or email also I know a drummer if needed. Serious inquiries only
Posted June 26/17
- Professional Drummer Needed ?? On The Market! I Crave the NEED for something new! Something strong! From the basement to the stage for the past 32 yrs I've been drumming! With the exception of speed metal, I play Everything like 70s,80s,90s, Classic Rock, Pop, Rock, Funk, Blues and I have a sweet spot for Raggae! I also adapt pretty quickly to Originals! I've got my gears and wheels, ready to go!!
If the drum's bench is empty, gimme a shout!!!
Posted June 19/17
- Looking for a Violinist Hi, I am a finger styles guitarist and I have written a number of very melodic pieces and I am looking for a Violinist to add some texture and solo parts to the recordings.
If you are interested, I will share a sample of my compositions and you could decide from there.
I can be e-mailed at
- Bass Player - Male Student, 22
Looking to start up a band, or just jam and see what happens. Don't have a rehearsal space. Got a Squier Jazz Bass, a small bass amp, and an acoustic guitar. I also have experience being in a band and playing a couple of small gigs in Kirkland Lake, ON.
Interested in playing stuff like: Say Anything, Saves The Day, La Dispute, Touche Amore, Brand New, Kevin Devine, Bayside, Billy Talent, Blink 182 (Dude Ranch, Enema), Descendents and The Hotelier. Shoot me an email if you're interested.
Posted June 15/17
- Female lead vocalist seeking drums and keys. New project, shaping up toward upbeat funk, pop, rock, disco. If you have eclectic tastes that include Sheryl Crow to Gloria Gaynor to the Stones to CCR to Mellencamp, consider dropping a line. And now for the fine print: must be able to practice Saturday afternoons, be serious yet laid back about the project and be in, or willing to rehearse in, the West / South West end. Ok unicorn, I'm counting on you:
Posted June 13/17
Posted June 5/17
- Female lead vocalist seeking bass, drums and keys in order to get a fresh new project off the ground. If you have eclectic tastes-- Fleetwood Mac to Sheryl Crowe to The Kinks...dare I even suggest A-Ha (gasp!), consider dropping a line. Oh yeah, the fine print: must be able to practice Saturday afternoons, be serious yet laid back about the project and be in, or willing to rehearse in, the West / South West end. Ok unicorn, I'm counting on you:
Posted May 31/17
- Lead female vocalist with performance experience, good range and engaging stage presence, seeking serious hobby band, with members who have eclectic tastes. We are a match made in heaven if you are able to rehearse on Saturday afternoons, at a west end location. Drop me a line. Let's make that project, that you and I have been dreaming about, a reality!
Posted May 29/17
- Older drummer looking for bleus band to jam with, open to gigs now and then, I can also play Rock, country. heavy metal, located east of Ottawa, have jam space but small, good for a 3 peice. please have a demo.
Posted May 27/17
- Female singer in her 20's looking to gain some performance experience at different events. I have over 8 years of classical voice training, am currently studying for my Bachelor of Music in vocal performance at the University of Ottawa. I can sing a wide range of repertoire, but my strong suit is singing classical of opera repertoire. Please contact me if you are interested.
Posted May 22/17
- Volunteer guitar instructors wanted Guitars for Vets Canada, a program of Veterans Emergency Transition Services Canada (VETS Canada), is currently seeking volunteer guitar instructors in Ottawa/Gatineau
Guitars for Vets concept: Veterans (CAF/RCMP) who suffer with PTSD or other service related disabilities will be provided with a new or gently used guitar and matched up with a volunteer guitar instructor for 10 weeks of free lessons. Our mission is to get as many guitars in the hands of wounded Veterans as possible to start the healing process. To read more about our program, please visit: http://vetscanada.org/guitars-for-vets.php.
If you are interested in teaching guitar and supporting a local Veteran to explore the healing power of music, please apply online at vetscanada.org
- Experienced keyboard player (33 yrs old) looking to join rock/pop/blues band. Preferably covers. Play at local bars/establishments and events. Happy to try out.
Posted May 20/17
- Lead guitarist/vocalist looking for bassist, drummer, keys and/or second guitar for blues/rock band Experienced 50 something looking to form group with same. Have practice local in Ottawa east end. Rehearse every Friday night (unless there is a gig). I am looking for finesse, good musical feel and understanding of what is required to play with an ensemble.
Check out my bandmix page on:
this also give an idea of what I want to play. serious inquires only
you can reach me at
Posted May 3/17
- Looking for Guitarist, Bassist, and Drummer Here's a rough list of influences:
Beneath The Massacre
Rivers Of Nihil
Spawn Of Possession
Not seeking to emulate a particular sound. Been playing in Drop C, but am open to other tunings. Other influences are welcome.
Send me a message and let me know what you're looking for.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted April 30/17
- DRUMMER LOOKING FOR YOUNG BAND (13-19)
hey hey, ive been playing drums for 4 years or so and im looking to start playing with some kids in the area. i usually jam in kemptville but i live in south dundas. influences are diverse. mac demarco, the lemon twigs, the white stripes, dead kennedys, the smiths, black flag, tragically hip, primus and TONS more. ill play pretty much anything but im not great on double bass. shoot me an email. god bless thanks lots:)
Posted April 13/17
- Vocalist wanting to perform with other musicians
I'm Cathy, 43 yrs of age with 20 years of experience singing mostly soulful music; motown, r&b, gospel, soul, funk. I'm looking for a musician(guitar or keys) to create songs with and would also love to be part of a band. Thanks for stopping by :)
- You are a band that is looking for a classic rock bassist. I'm a laid back late 40's bass player looking for a classic rock band. No drugs, weed, booze or little Napoleons.
- Singer, wants to put together a Skid Row tribute act! get at me
Posted April 11/17
- 18 yr old lead singer/guitarist looking to form pop-punk band! On the search for some talented freaks and weirdos with passion in their hearts. In need of a bassist and drummer. I have access to a good rehearsal space/studio, and have been producing for about 6 years. Looking to do this seriously, make some great records, play live, and of course, have fun! Let me know if you want to jam sometime and see what comes out of it! No ego, no drama. Influences include: Green Day, Operation Ivy, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, The Beatles, Blink-182.
Posted April 9/17
- Guitarist looking for band Hi I'm a 30 something guitarist looking for a project or band. Influences are all types of music. Mainly blues/country/rock/folk. If you need a lead or rhythm send me an email.
Posted April 7/17
- Any Clutch fans out there? I've been wanting to put together a tribute act for years now and felt maybe the time is right to cast my line out there and see if anyone is interested in getting together and rockin it out. Email me at
Posted April 2/17
- Solo Artist Seeks Bassist for Pressed Cafe Gig, April 21st Hey! I'm looking for a bassist to play a particular show with me. April 21st at Pressed Cafe. I go by Worn Robot (Cory Cox), and I'll be playing 7 or 8 songs off my latest record "Alone with Many". It'd be just me on guitar/vox, and the accompanying bass. Here's a link to the record:
Drop me a line if interested! If it all goes well, we can definitely make this a regular thing! Maybe even get a drummer!
- Guitar Lessons with Ric Denis Is it time to take guitar lessons with Ric?
Ric Denis has over twenty-five years teaching and performance experience in many styles, including jazz, rock, blues, folk and country. Ric is an honours graduate in jazz/classical musical education at Mohawk College and has developed a curriculum that includes…Rhythm, Styles & Strum Patterns, Chords & Progressions, Scales & Improvisation, Ear Training & Guitar Theory.
Check out the new video - Ric's Pentatonic Trick
- Private lessons. Beginner to advanced
- Lessons in my studio or your home
- Group and band ensemble instruction
- Guitar, bass, ukulele, harmonica, songwriting/composition
- Organize and prioritize all the online information available
- Discover the fun of being musical at any age
ricdenis3.com - 613 290 6971 -
Copyright © 2013 TheOM