Posted August 21/19
Posted August 19/19
- Music for a Sunday Afternoon
Kanata North Concert Series
St. John's Anglican Church
325 Sandhill Road, Kanata North
Admission by donation at the door. Free Parking
First concert of series - Sept. 22nd at 3:pm
A Celtic/Folk Duo
Graham Lindsay, Kristan Couture take you between driving jigs, reels and prairie songs
- Helium LIVE at The Carleton Tavern, 223 Armstrong St. in Ottawa on Saturday August 24th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best Classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and relatives.
Hélium en spectacle au Carleton Tavern, 223 Armstrong Ave. À Ottawa. Samedi 24 aout. On entre en scène à 21h30. Venez vous joindre à nous pour une soirée mémorable avec plusieures des meilleures chansons rock classique. Un personnel hors pair, la nourriture est excellente et aucun frais d’ admission. Tout en espérant vous y voir. Invitez vos amis ainsi que les membres de votre famille.
- We are a young 1960s style band looking for 2 more independent members: a 14-18 year old male drummer, and a 14-18 year old guitarist/singer with a raspy voice type like John/Paul (of The Beatles), able to scream like in Twist and Shout. We might consider a guitarist that could just do backing vocals. I’m 15. We wear dress shirts and ties as our outfit, and we rehearse for 3-5 hours/week. Our setlist includes Beatles, Dave Clark Five, Buddy Holly, etc. We have a singer/guitarist and a bassist, so we need a drummer, and a second singer/guitarist that can do lead guitar half of the time and maybe rhythm the other half, and sing harmonies as well as lead vocals, there are a lot of Beatles songs that have two lead singers. We’re starting by playing at places like festivals, and we already have shows coming up. We perform in the Beatles energetic style. We already have one original 60s style song, and I have a place to record and rehearse, in orleans area. Eventually we can try to get on the radio. For serious young musicians, who want to make it and are willing to practice/play shows regularly.: TheRockyts.com
Posted August 15/19
- Guitarist required for Lynyrd Skynyrd / Southern Rock Tribute. Applicants must have transportation, be admissible to USA (clean record), and be available for weekend travel.
- Ottawa/Gatineau top 40 cover band the foot stompers are looking to add a 4th member to the band. we have about 3 hours of music ready to go and have been gigging as a 3 piece for about a year now. we specialize in doing Parties, weddings, and higher paying Bar gigs.
We would like to add either a female Singer/Keys or a lead guitarist/vocals. must have own transportation and pro gear. we have 3 rehearsal spaces available to us.
We play a variety of music ranging from 50s rock to present pop rock.
Please contact Jason @
Posted August 12/19
- FLORQUESTRA in concert on September 6 at La Grange de la Gatineau!
"The Voice of your Skin in the Ear of my Palm" by Florquestra is a show of sun-kissed melody, harmony, rhythm and rhyme, a land between Rio, Cohen, Brassens and Bahia, where audible gold is extracted with voice and instrument from the celebrated mines of love, bossa nova, samba, baião, xote, samba-reggae, afoxé, marcha, folk, chanson… and more.
September 6 - 8pm
- The Back Beat will be performing on Saturday, Sept 7 at the Taproom 260 (formerly D'Arcy McGee's) located at 260 Centrum Boulevard in Orleans. The show gets underway at 8 pm. Last year the Taproom 260 went through an extensive renovation and it looks great. The live music area has been expanded and the pub has an exciting new menu. More info here: taproom260.com The band plays dance music for party people, more info here:
thebackbeat.ca We hope to see you. Thanks, Tom Rowe
Posted August 9/19
- Larry Garnett Live @ Hunter's Public House Findlay Creek Singer, songwriter, and acoustic soloist Larry Garnett will perform live at Hunter's Public House (Findlay Creek Plaza) 4750 Bank Street (343) 700-6991 on Friday, 16 August, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Larry Garnett Live Gig: Grace O'Malley's East. Singer, songwriter, and acoustic soloist Larry Garnett performs live at Grace O'Malley's, 1151 Ogilvie road (613) 842-0220 on Saturday, 17 August 2019 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted August 8/19
- Mavericks - Major Metal/Hard Rock Event of the Summer!
Together finally at last, we bring to you... a night of Metal Music... opening the night with Eve of Uprise - a band from the rolling highlands of Lanark County, showcasing their talent here in Ottawa! Following up with a Force to be reckon with and established for many years now from the Ottawa area, Scarecrowz ! Up next, dragging the Otter back out from the back woods swamps to blast your ears with your favourite originals..., Otterslide ! Polishing off the night with the Musical Mayhem of Innerpiece, another Ottawa band that will be sure to bring the house down keep you wanting to come back for more!
Lots of notice to make arrangements to make it out for this night packed full of Heavy tunes... Also keep an ear out for details on the raffle that is currently being put together! There will be some very cool items available only at this event!
Tickets ($10) are available, just see the band member of your choice, or pay at the door on the day of the show!
Posted August 6/19
- Musicworks' 9th annual Electronic Music Composition Contest is now open.
The Electronic Music Composition Contest is a juried competition that spotlights global musical talent while offering cash prizes and opportunities to be published and heard.
First prize is $500 (Can.), a composer profile in Musicworks 136, Spring 2020 issue (both in print and online) and the composition released on the Musicworks 136 CD.
Second prize is $200 (Can.) and composer coverage on the website in 2020.
Third prize is $100 (Can.) and composer coverage on the website in 2020.
How to Enter
Interested parties must compose and submit an experimental piece in any electronic-music genre—acousmatic, electroacoustic, glitch, soundscape, intelligent dance music (IDM), turntable art, or video music.
The contest is open to entries from anywhere in the world and from artists at any stage of their careers. Pieces must be previously unpublished, i.e. not released on a commercially available recording at the time of submission.
Contest Entry Fee is $25 (Can.). All entrants receive a FREE, one-year subscription to Musicworks. Additional entries are $5 each, unlimited.
Our 2019 EMC Contest closes October 25, 2019.
- Community pancake breakfast on August 24th being held at Red Oak Retirement Community from 9am to 12pm. We are looking for a country band to play live music. Please contact Tracy if interested 613-220-8632
- Larry Garnett Live at Broadways Bar & Grill Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Broadways Bar & Grill 1486 Innes Road (West of Costco) (613) 745-9898 on Saturday, 10 August, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted August 5/19
- Solo Piano - Gig Opportunity: My wife and I are looking for a solo pianist to play at our 30th wedding anniversary party, which will be held on Saturday, November 16 at our home in Manotick. We would like two short sets: 6:00 pm to 6:40 pm and then 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm, so 70 minutes total playing time. Preferred music styles are jazz, blues, R&B, funk, etc. - not lounge lizard stuff. We have a good piano in the party room, so no need to bring equipment. I have set aside a reasonable budget for this gig. Please reply if you are interested and available. Thanks,
Posted July 29/19
- Come out to the open mic at the Brass Monkey, this Thursday, August 8 to hear Ottawa's newest original rock band. "The Delightful Conspiracy" will be performing their original music. Approximate start time 8:30.
Demo Clip available here: drive.google.com
For further information contact:
Posted July 28/19
- Keyboard Player and Vocalist needed for Praise and Worship group. Restoration613 Ministries is a newly planted Christian ministry located off Montreal Road near the Montfort Hospital in east Ottawa. We are intergenerational, diverse, and authentic. We play contemporary Christian music leavened with some traditional hymns and gospel. We have our own equipment. Age and experience aren't as important a great attitude. You're welcome to join us!
Posted July 27/19
- Local rock and pop band looking for a bassist and guitarist for a new musicial venture! You’d be joining a dynamic percussionist and a powerful lead singer who plays guitar and keys. Starting with covers but hoping to write new tunes as well. We cover artists like Heart, The Who, Elton John, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Wonder, Alanis, Alannah Myles, and Lady Gaga to name a few. Interested in learning more ? Contact us today. Provide us a sample or link to your sound. Hope to hear from you!
Posted July 26/19
- Looking for a bass player and lead player. To play in a original country rock band. Contact Creg @ 1 819 230 3055
Or Robbie @ 1 613 360 8491
Posted July 22/19
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the at the BARLEY MOW (Merivale) on Friday August 2nd. We play from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am. The Barley Mow is located at 1541 Merivale Rd, Ottawa. Come and join us for an entertaining evening of Classic Rock. NO COVER CHARGE. Hope to see you there.
For more info you can go to the Gnarlys Webiste or visit our YouTube Channel, You can also send us an email at
Posted July 17/19
- Looking for a drummer with good rock and punk chops. We're a singer, guitarist and bassist who have been together for 20+ years. With the right drummer, we have the potential to be very good! We've primarily been doing '80's covers, but punking them up a bit to give them a kick in the pants. We're doing songs by REO Speedwagon, The Cult, Billy Idol, Elton John, Poison, Billy Joel, Simple Minds, Air Supply, Bryan Adams etc. Can send clips as example if anyone wants. Our only goals are to have fun and play shows. We're looking for someone who fits and has the chops.
Posted July 16/19
- Gigging local cover band in search of a lead guitarist to fill our sound, help broaden our repertoire by weave in and out of the rhythm, and bass guitars, this will allow our keyboardist to rest his fingers, most of all to give our drummer something fresh in his monitor.
Our eclectic mix of Classic Rock, Country, and Celtic cover songs played as original as can be (with a twist) to keep everyone dancing, But most of all fuels the drive of our love for the music. We rehearse in Kanata every week, and we try to play live every 6 to 8 weeks.
You must: Have the love of music, Ego-free, Not looking for the next record deal or tour bus, your own equipment and transportation is a must, Vocals would be a welcome addition, but not a deal breaker.
If you’re interested, please contact Rum Attitude at
Posted July 15/19
- Sunday Riot Club is looking for a drummer. We’re a hard-rock band from Ottawa. We’re looking for someone with high energy. We are in our mid-twenties and we rehearse once a week downtown Ottawa. Eleven originals. Influences are The Cult, Guns N’Roses and more.
Posted July 13/19
- Helium LIVE at the Blackburn Arms Pub, 2586 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario on Friday July 19th. We hit the stage at 9:00pm. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, great party place, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and families.
Helium en spectacle au Pub Blackburn Arms, 2586 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario, Vendredi le 19 juillet. On entre en scène à 21h00 Venez vous joindre à nous pour une soirée mémorable avec certaines des meilleures chansons rock classique. Un personnel hors pair, une excellente place de party, excellente nourriture. On espère vous y voir. Invitez vos amis ainsi que les membres de votre famille.
Posted July 8/19
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the CARLETON TAVERN on Friday July 19th. The Show starts at 9:30 pm. The Carleton Tavern is located on 223 Armstrong Street in Ottawa. We play from 9:30 pm to 2:00 am. Please come and join us for an entertaining evening. NO COVER CHARGE at the Carleton Tavern. Hope to see you there. For more info you can go to the Gnarlys Webiste or visit our YouTube Channel, You can also send us an email at
Posted July 4/19
- Larry Garnett Live at Buster's. Singer, songwriter, and soloist Larry Garnett will be returning live to perform at Buster's 2525 Carling Ave. Lincoln Fields mall (613) 828-9004 on Friday, July 12, 2019 from 9:00 p.m. to 1 a.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Cheers
Posted July 3/19
- Hey Gang,
This Friday July 5th
The Rainbow Bistro Presents:
RAM AIR V - Revving Through Five Decades of Smokin' Blues, Rock and Metal!
ZZ Top, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, Cry of Love, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, Black Label Society, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and much more!
Plus Kingston’s REVMATIC playing a set of their originals and covers!
Come on out for a full evening of rockin' tunes!
Only $10 at the door. The first 30 guests will get a free poutine from the Koven… meet us there for the afterparty!!!
Saturday July 20th
The Brass Monkey Presents:
The Ultimate Tribute to Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.
Check us out at Rebel 101.7 rebel1017.com/events & tune in for free ticket giveaways! Tickets also available at The Odds n Sods or $10 at the door. Hope we see you there!
- Young 1960s style band looking for someone 14-16 years old, male, who can sing and play guitar, with a voice like John or Paul (Beatles), able to scream like in Twist and Shout because we play those types of early Beatles songs. I’m 14 almost 15. We wear dress-shirts and ties, and rehearse 3 hours a week. Our setlist includes Beatles, Dave Clark Five, Buddy Holly, Beach Boys etc. The band’s currently: me playing guitar and singing, a bassist, and a drummer, we just need a second singer/guitarist that can do lead guitar half of the time and maybe rhythm the other half, and sing harmonies as well as lead vocals, there are a lot of Beatles songs that have two lead singers the whole time. We’ll start by playing at restaurants, festivals, etc. performing in the Beatles energetic style. Later, we can add originals to our setlist and record them as well (I have a place to record and rehearse, in orleans area). Eventually we can press it on vinyl and also distribute digitally. Meant for serious young musicians, who want to try to make it. If you are interested please contact and send recording. See video at: TheRockyts.com
- Experienced lead guitarist, bassist and drummer are searching for a dedicated second lead guitar player for a new tribute to '80's heavy metal classics. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Ozzy, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Motorhead and others. Weekly Sunday evening rehearsals on Carling Ave. and local shows. Looking for long-term commitment and an aggressive/prominent sound. Not interested in part time or uncommitted players. Must already have a very strong familiarity with most British/American '80's heavy metal classics, also the ability and availability to show up consistently for weekly rehearsals on a long term basis. Contact
- Experienced band looking for a guitarist for weekly practice in the east end and continue to gig occasionally. Playing music from the 60’s to modern. Danceable rock, classic rock, pop rock tunes and more. Vocal ability an asset. Practice one night a week.
Posted June 24/19
- Seeking a bass player for thrash/death metal project.
We are a passionate crew in our 20s and 30s with album worth of material and looking to gig. All we need is the low end, who can contribute their craft to our songs, preferably own transportation and financially stable and is also willing to commit to rehearsal once a week in centretown area. If any of this sounds good to you hit us up @
- Vocalist (male or female) required for Open Channel D – west end Ottawa (Kanata) cover band, focused on an eclectic mix of new and nostalgic, popular songs that will keep a crowd moving and grooving. We are a mature (in our 50s), established, gigging band with first class, professional practice and recording facilities, looking for an experienced vocalist with the ability to transition into multiple genres comfortably – see below for a selection of our current tunes. Although you would be our main singer, you would be sharing the vocal duties for 3 or 4 of the songs and providing back up/harmonies, to allow other band members to sing a couple of tunes.
We generally practice Sunday afternoon and look to gig once every 6-8 weeks. If you have total commitment, enthusiasm and focus, and think you fit the bill, then please send us your media, we’d like to hear you -
I Can't Go For That
Chain of Fools
Maybe I’m Amazed
Brass In Pocket
Play That Funky Music
Treat Her Right
You Wreck Me
The Heat is On
Short Skirt Long Jacket
Hurts So Good
What I Like About You
Ex's & O's
Long Train Running
Better Off As We Are
Against All Odds
Locked Out of Heaven
Times Like These
Middle of the Road
Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting
Posted June 23/19
- New Band looking for 1 or 2 female singers for casino style show band.
Playing hits from the 70s to today. Everything from Disco era to Current.
Please send all information links, bio etc. We will be in touch.
Posted June 20/19
- Larry Garnett Live at Broadways Bar & Grill Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Broadways Bar & Grill 1486 Innes Road (West of Costco) (613) 745-9898 on Saturday, 29 June, 2019 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music
Posted June 13/19
- INTENSE RED will be performing at The Neighbourhood Pub 2557 Baseline Rd. this Sat June 22nd from 7:30 - 11 pm. We have it all in the mix from all time greats to new chart toppers as well as originals. Come on out and join us. We’d love to see you! You can check us out at https:www.facebook.com/Intense-Red or email us at
Posted June 12/19
- Established, 4-man gigging 90s rock tribute band is seeking a guitar player to step in as our existing guy is leaving for other projects. Backing vocals are an asset. Love 90s rock? Have good chops? Pro gear? Available to rehearse and gig regularly? Contact us now!
Posted June 10/19
- We are an established Tribute act looking for an experienced light person to add effects to our stage show by lighting ( the band and members ) not a disco or rave a R/R band.
- 80’s vs’ 90’s music night sees a Blondie tribute (rapture) going head to head against a Green Day (Green eh) tribute. Come out on July 5th to Babylon Nightclub (317 bank st) to have your say!
Posted June 3/19
- The 21st Century Guitar Conference is seeking acoustic performers for our electric/classical/acoustic guitar orchestra concert on August 24th, 2019 in Ottawa, ON.
The orchestra is conducted by Tim Brady and Craig Visser, and the concert will also feature 8-channel electroacoustic sound and surround projections.
Sight-reading ability is NOT required, and the music is written for students/amateurs as well as professional guitarists - so any level is welcome. More information and rehearsal time are available here: 21cguitar.com
Performers receive free entry to all events at the conference.
Interested performers can email Amy at amyGbrandon@gmail.com or
- Lead Guitarist Wanted:
Gigging Ottawa band looking for a lead guitarist to fill our sound, broaden our repertoire, weave in and out of the rhythm and bass guitars, allow our keyboardist to rest his fingers, and give our drummer something new in his monitor. We play an eclectic mix of rock (classic and otherwise), country and Celtic … and more if it fits. We rehearse in Kanata. For our new player: vocals are an asset, but their absence not a deal breaker, gender is not an issue, and although we’re middle aged you don’t need to be.
If you’re interested, please drop an email to Iain at
- Past the Post Productions presents...A Night of Rockdom. Featuring...
9PM - Days of Thieves (Kingston): facebook.com/daysofthieves
10PM - Trenchfoot (ottawa): facebook.com/Trenchfut
11PM - Scarecrowz (Ottawa): facebook.com/Scarecrowzband
$10 @ Door. Come out for a rockin' good time and a chance to win a day pass to Heavy MTL!
Posted June 1/19
- Professional Recording/Mixing Studio Available After being fully booked for the first half of the year, Zorro Studios has several availabilities for the upcoming months. We are a friendly professional recording/mixing studio always looking for cool artists and bands to work with. If you are looking to work your music professionally without breaking the bank, we are your best option in the area. Check our website at zorrostudios.ca and see it for yourself ! Read the testimonials, listen to some music and reach out now ! We'd love to hear from you !
Let's do something awesome together!
- 'LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER' TONIGHT JAZZ LOVERS
There are still a few tickets left for tonight’s performance by the Tevet Sela Quartet, selected by Ottawa Jazz Scene as their ‘Pick of The Week’ and the Ottawa Citizen’s ‘Going Out Best Bet’ for jazz for the week of May 30-June 5.
Who: Tevet Sela Quartet
Downbeat: 8:00 p.m.
Location: Record Runner Rehearsal Studios
159 Colonnade Rd. S., Unit 6
Info & Tickets: recordrunner.ca/products
Posted May 29/19
Posted May 28/19
- LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER
Click the link above to see why Ottawa’s most in-depth jazz reviewers (Ottawa Jazz Scene) chose
the TEVET SELA QUARTET as their “Jazz Pick of the Week”.
SATURDAY, JUNE 1ST @ 8:00 P.M. - TEVET SELA QUARTET
Tevet Sela - Alto Saxophone
John Roney - Piano
Olivier Babaz - Elec. Bass
Martin Auguste - Drums
INFO & TICKETS: recordrunner.ca/products
Posted May 24/19
Posted May 23/19
- What's up Ottawa music community. Maple Grove's acoustic duo wants to open for your band! Lots of variety and bangin' energy. Contact for details
Posted May 17/19
- ‘LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER’
JUNE 1ST @ 8:00 P.M. - TEVET SELA QUARTET
Tevet Sela - Alto Saxophone
John Roney - Piano
Olivier Babaz - Elec. Bass
Martin Auguste - Drums
LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER IS REALLY EXCITED TO INTRODUCE MONTREAL SAXOPHONIST AND COMPOSER TEVET SELA TO OTTAWA MUSIC-LOVERS! BASED IN MONTREAL BUT OF ISRAELI ORIGIN, TEVET'S DIVERSE REPERTOIRE WEAVES JAZZ WITH ELEMENTS OF KLEZMER, AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN MUSIC. HIS ALL-STAR QUARTET IS ROUNDED OUT BY JOHN RONEY (PIANO), OLIVIER BABAZ (ELEC. BASS) AND MARTIN AUGUSTE (DRUMS). THIS IS A STYLE AND PRESENTATION OF MUSIC THAT OTTAWA AUDIENCES WILL RARELY, IF EVER, HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
INFO & TICKETS: recordrunner.ca
THE TEVET SELA 4TET WILL BE IN OTTAWA FOR ONLY ONE SHOW - AND THIS IS IT!
Posted May 16/19
- Still looking for a great way to spend Saturday evening?
Come check out this amazing power trio as “LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER” presents
DECHO-LEDBETTER-THAWER TRIO * (* due to scheduling conflicts, the amazing Sarah Thawer has graciously agreed to replace Marito Marques on drums)
MAY 18TH @ 7:00 P.M.
Marc Decho-Bass, Jeremy Ledbetter-piano, Sarah Thawer-drums/perc.
“LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER" RESUMES ON MAY 18TH WHERE IT LEFT OFF AS WE WELCOME BACK FROM TORONTO THE AMAZING JEREMY LEDBETTER (piano) WITH THE INCOMPARABLE MARC DECHO (bass) AND, RETURNING TO RECORD RUNNER WILL BE THE AMAZING TORONTO-BASED DRUMMER SARAH THAWER. COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE DECHO/LEDBETTER/THAWER TRIO, THEY WILL BE LIGHTING IT UP ON MAY 18TH @ 7:00 P.M. WITH A RECIPE OF RHYTHMS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND SOME STRAIGHTAHEAD JAZZ TO SATISFY EVERY MUSICAL APPETITE!
PLEASE NOTE THIS CONCERT IS A 7:00 P.M. START
Info & Tickets: recordrunner.ca
Posted May 15/19
- Guitarist Wanted
Experienced cover band looking for guitarist for weekly practice in the east end
and continue to gig occasionally. Playing music from the 60's to 80's. Danceable classic rock, pop rock tunes and more. Some vocal ability an asset.
Posted May 12/19
- Kellylee Evans in concert at La Grange de la Gatineau! Kellylee Evans is an award-winning vocalist praised by the Latin Jazz network as "gorgeous voice (that) rises to the heavens in rapturous wonder as if in consanguinity with a chorus of angels". Runner-up in the prestigious Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz International Vocals Competition (2004), she received the Juno Award for her tribute to Nina Simone, titled “Nina”, in 2011. Her most recent album, “Come on”, lies at the frontiers of jazz, soul and groove.
KELLYLEE EVANS accompanied by Mark Ferguson (piano) and John Geggie (bass) / She will sing standard jazz.
JUNE 14 - 8pm
Reservations and more informations: grange.ca
- Looking for a bass player for a country/rock/pop cover band based in the west end of Ottawa. We’ve got some gigs booked throughout the year so quick-learning and reliability are a must, your own gear and transportation as well. Interested parties please email :
Posted May 10/19
- JANE BUNNETT & MAQUEQUE IN ALMONTE, JUNE 22, 2019 - INTERVAL HOUSE IS THE BENEFICIARY!
Picture Here -- Picture Here -- Picture Here
Jane Bunnett is a 5-time Juno winner and 3-time Grammy nominee. She is an outstanding Canadian musician and a social activist whose musical endeavours reflect her pursuit of excellence.
Her all-female band – Maqueque (mah-kay-kay)- is a pool of exceptional talent drawn mostly from Cuba’s rising cadre of young, female musicians, including pianist Dánae Olano, drummer Yissy Garcia, conga player Mary Paz, bassist Tailin Marrero and vocalist Joanna Majoko. Vocally and instrumentally the texture and range of the performance leaves no audience behind!
JazzNhouse thought it fitting to designate this concert a fundraiser in support of Lanark County Interval House (LCIH.org) which has, since 1979, been providing safe, emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
The Jane Bunnett & Maqueque concert is the finale concert for JazzNhouse’s 7th season and will be held at the historic Almonte Old Town Hall at 8:00 pm, June 22nd. Seating is pre-sold and limited. See Jane Bunnett & Maqueque Concert at jazzN.ca.
Contact: Arnie Francis Tel: 613-282-8712
Tweet or Facebook the Webpage link: jazzn.ca/ Email:
Posted May 7/19
- “LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER” PRESENTS:
MAY 18th - DECHO-LEDBETTER-MARQUES TRIO
JUNE 1st - TEVET SELA QUARTET
MAY 18TH @ 7:00 P.M.
Marc Decho-Bass, Jeremy Ledbetter-piano, Marito Marques-drums/perc.
“LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER" RESUMES ON MAY 18TH WHERE IT LEFT OFF AS WE WELCOME BACK FROM TORONTO THE AMAZING JEREMY LEDBETTER (piano) WITH THE INCOMPARABLE MARC DECHO (bass) AND, FOR THE FIRST TIME AT RECORD RUNNER, WE ARE THRILLED TO PRESENT THE TORONTO-BASED DRUMMER/PERCUSSIONIST MARITO MARQUES. COLLECTIVELY THESE GENTLEMEN ARE KNOWN AS THE DECHO/LEDBETTER/MARQUEZ TRIO AND THEY WILL BE LIGHTING IT UP ON MAY 18TH @ 7:00 P.M. WITH A RECIPE OF RHYTHMS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND SOME STRAIGHTAHEAD JAZZ TO SATISFY EVERY MUSICAL APPETITE!
PLEASE NOTE THIS CONCERT IS A 7:00 P.M. START
Info & Tickets: recordrunner.ca
JUNE 1ST @ 8:00 P.M.
Tevet Sela-Alto Saxophone, John Roney-piano, Olivier Babaz-elec. Bass, Martin Auguste, Drums
LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER IS REALLY EXCITED TO INTRODUCE MONTREAL SAXOPHONIST AND COMPOSER TEVET SELA TO OTTAWA MUSIC-LOVERS! BASED IN MONTREAL BUT OF ISRAELI ORIGIN, TEVET'S DIVERSE REPERTOIRE WEAVES JAZZ WITH ELEMENTS OF KLEZMER, AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN MUSIC. HIS ALL-STAR QUARTET IS ROUNDED OUT BY JOHN RONEY (piano), OLIVIER BABAZ (elec. bass) AND MARTIN AUGUSTE (drums). THIS IS A STYLE AND PRESENTATION OF MUSIC THAT OTTAWA AUDIENCES WILL RARELY, IF EVER, HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
THEY WILL BE IN OTTAWA FOR ONLY ONE SHOW - AND THIS IS IT!
Info & Tickets: recordrunner.ca
Posted April 30/19
- Join ACOUSTIC HIGHWAY on Saturday, May 11th for a SUNDOWN SOIRÉE at LA CASA DEL GUSTO! Mystara and Blair Buchanan are teaming up anew to bring you an evening of acoustic magic featuring an exciting selection of songs from the 1950s until 2019! This is an early evening show starting at 5:30pm and going until 9:30pm. FREE ADMISSION, and FREE PARKING! Children and minors are welcome to attend with their parents. La Casa Del Gusto is located next to the Loblaws at 1460 Merivale Road, and is a licensed restaurant with great food and drink! We recommend the fish tacos and the smoked meat, but all the food is wonderful! Come on down and have some Saturday FUN!
- Looking for performer(s) for retirement residents willing to travel to Rockland. Added bonus for francophones.
Please respond by email.
- Guitarist and drummer looking for third, possibly a bassist who can ground and support our improvisational recording, or another songwriter who wants support on their originals and willing to energize ours. Sound is post-grunge Hendrix. We have a well-equipped and sweet-sounding jam space in Kanata, 19+, no maximum age.
- Hey everyone, Seven Snakes is looking for a Dedicated & Passionate drummer. Our Drummer has decided to take some personal time now, and could not commit to the level we are at. We are looking for someone who can balance and their life and passion for music like we do. We released our debut CD in 2017 and now are working on our second full length album with ten new songs and studio time already to go. We are looking for someone dedicated who can commit to once a week jams, shows when they are available and have studio experience., have pro gear and who wants to kick ass with one of Ottawa'd hardest and loudest rocking bands. Jam location will be determined soon, Please serious inquiries only.
You can check us out here even-snakes.com
Copyright © 2013 TheOM